We pride ourselves on being more than just the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff, we manage it like we own it, we’re accountable, we communicate…and we’re a little bit cheeky!
To succeed in a particular field, it is important to become an expert by gaining the relevant knowledge, being inspired to achieve your goals and being motivated to get there.
This is so true for anyone keen on investing in property as it can be a very risky business. This is probably why only about 7% of Kiwis invest in residential rental property.
However, buying a rental property can be an excellent way to create wealth and like any investment doing the research before you take the plunge will save you thousands.
Why invest in property?
There are many different reasons why New Zealanders invest in property. Perhaps the most stand-out feature of real estate investment in terms of creating capital wealth is the ability for the long-term capital growth.
Purchase a property for $200,000. After 10 years it will be worth
- 5% Capital Growth $326,000
- 10% Capital Growth $519,000
- 15% Capital Growth $810,000
During this period of wealth creation your property investment portfolio can also be continually earning you income in the form of rental yields too, it is easy to see that real estate can be a great way to implement a wealth creation plan and give you excellent long-term outcomes.
So how will you check your finances, set your goals, understand your attitude to risk, choose your property investment strategy and invest in property research, all whilst staying focused and avoiding common mistakes?
How did we do it?
Back in the early 1990’s, long before we started A1 Property Managers, we decided to invest in property mainly to achieve passive income for retirement. Back then the Government advised there would be no superannuation for us by the time we reached 65 years old.
The best thing we ever did was join the Canterbury Property Investors Association (CPIA). This enabled us to network with like-minded people, grow our knowledge base and be inspired and motivated through attending the regular forums and workshops.
- we have had a long affiliation within the CPIA both as members and executive committee members
- Hamish and Claire are past Vice Presidents, currently executive committee members with Hamish being the current President
- Martin Evans (our founding Director) was the CPIA President for eight years before becoming President of the NZPIF for four years
- Martin and Ann Evans are one of the few life members of CPIA in recognition of their voluntary contributions
- we have been proud sponsors of the CPIA for the past three years
Hire an expert property manager
Besides joining the CPIA one of the smartest things that you can do to become successful in Christchurch real estate investing is to hire a great property management company. We can save you the time, money and hassle of managing your rental properties yourself so you can focus on growing your portfolio of rental properties.
We pride ourselves on being more than just the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff
- we are active investors too
- have a portfolio of properties managed by our team
- as Owners, Hamish & I, both work in the business
- we provide mentoring to educate, inspire and motivate people to achieve their goals through property investment
- we can offer ideas to grow your portfolio, we can renovate your property at an affordable and efficient rate or sit down with you to create a strategy and wealth creation plan
- we have an opinion and actively let it be heard through social media posts, blogs, media and Government submissions
We are members of the Independent Property Managers Association (IPMA) with Hamish being the current Treasurer. Martin Evans, played an integral role in forming the IPMA in 2003 as a means of delivering a voice for independent professionals in the property management industry. Members are throughout New Zealand and are all committed to raising the standard of property management.
Finally, but most importantly, we are very proud of our team – they are fully qualified or studying towards being qualified NZ Residential Property Managers Level 4 plus we have several in-house weekly training sessions keeping them up-to-date and motivated to achieve great things.
We manage it like we own it, we’re accountable, we communicate…and we’re a little bit cheeky!
To get started with hiring A1 Property Managers contact us today by calling (03) 351 7643 or click here to connect with us online.
An active investor with her husband Hamish, Claire loves to inspire & inform others, all whilst juggling three little boys and living her mantra to eat well and travel lots.